Downers Grove Economic Development Corporation
President & CEO for the Downers Grove Economic Development Corporation
The Downers Grove Economic Development Corporation (DGEDC)is a private not-for-profit corporation with the responsibility of promoting economic development within Downers Grove, IL. The primary mission of the DGEDC is to facilitate economic growth and expand the village’s commercial, office and industrial tax base. The President reports to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the DGEDC. The position serves as the manager and primary implementer of the DGEDC economic development programs and activities.
Essential/Primary responsibilities include:
Existing Business Expansion and New Business Recruitment:
- Develop and implement proactive business recruitment and expansion activities including incentives, and other business resources.
- Attract new diverse companies to Downers Grove by aggressively pursuing business prospects, brokers and developers.
- Collect, analyze, disseminate and report on demographic, economic, and community metrics through marketing materials in print, web and other digital formats.
- Prepare and implement a proactive marketing strategy with results-oriented benchmarks.
- Provide site search and business
- Encourage and assist in the expansion of existing business in diverse industries that provide high-wage jobs by developing a proactive business outreach program.
Economic Development Coordination and Leadership:
- Coordinate economic development activity, opportunities and growth strategies as well as build strategic relationships with government, business, workforce, education, community, regional and state organizations.
- Serve as a primary Downers Grove advocate at all levels (local, regional, and state) on issues relating to economic development.
- Supervise and lead the Downers Grove Visitors Bureau and related local tourism activities.
- Implement and periodically update the DGEDC Strategic Plan and DGEDC Business Plan.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual Key Performance Indicators reports that are presented and reported on to the DGEDC Executive Committee and Board of Directors as well as to the Village Council of the Village of Downers Grove.
DGEDC Organization Management:
- Provide staff assistance and management for the DGEDC and its members, board of directors, and executive leadership.
- Build broad-based community understanding and corresponding financial support for economic development activities within the village.
- Secure financial support through the Partnership for Prosperity program.
- Manage DGEDC staff, consultants, subcontractors, as well as the DGEDC office.
- Manage DGEDC events such as the Annual Awards Luncheon and Brokers Reception.
- Manage DGEDC financials, including preparation of the annual budget, the annual financial review and tax return, and payroll and benefits administration.
Experience and Education: A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a related field. Ten+ years of professional experience in economic development, business development, tourism, business administration, real estate development or a related field. Supervisory skills with management responsibility preferred. Must be able to attend meetings/site visits around Downers Grove.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of general business principles and practices, organization management, and management of industrial enterprises.
- Strong communications and presentation skills, including public
- Extensive knowledge of commercial and industrial real estate brokerage/development.
- Strong negotiating, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working with economic development tools (e.g., TIF, sales tax agreements, business improvements districts and special service areas, etc.)
- Proficiency with computer programs and business software (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and contact management software).
- Ability to plan and direct the work of professional, technical and administrative staff.
- Ability to work with organization and government boards, regulatory agencies and the media.
- Strong interpersonal and sales skills, high energy level, highly motivated and
- Ability to establish and maintain public confidence and interest in economic development programs.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $130,000-145,000. Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with a generous match, life insurance and paid days off.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume by clicking https://downersgroveedc.recruitpro.com/jobs/220791-47388.html
The Downers Grove Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer